Transgender Information And Advice For Ireland
Since I am a believer in the free exchange of information (lets be honest the more sources you have the better) I'll just list everyone I can think of and then add to it as I go along. There are so many links out there that I would be here for a year if I tried list them all so I'm just going to list the ones who I think Transsexuals will benefit from knowing about but if anyone is missing feel free to let me know on here.
Transgender specific resources:
- TENI - Transgender Equality Network Ireland (TENI) seeks to improve conditions and advance the rights and equality of trans people and their families.
- Transgender.ie - A forum for people in Ireland who's gender expression and/or identity differs from their assigned sex.
- Insight Matters - Gender Identity assessment & diagnosis of Gender Dysphoria (Page includes fee structures)
- Express YOUR Gender - Express YOUR Gender provides professional voice and communication therapy to individuals and groups from across the gender spectrum, with qualified Speech & Language Therapist, Rachel Moore.
- Boards.ie Transgender forum - There is very little I can say about this except to my knowledge it is all but dead and the mod prefers to post Trans related material on other parts of the site rather than generate activity on her section. It is probably to do with the fact that you need to register and request access so she wants the biggest audience possible which is limited by the "register and request access" rule but, as useless as I think it is, according to my personal free exchange of all resources rule I'll add it to the list.
- GIRES - GIRES' purpose is to improve the lives of trans and gender non-conforming people, including those who are non-binary and non-gender.
- Transsexual Road Map - TS road map is basically a list of links for transitioning Transsexuals from all over the world to find information about everything from hair removal to GRS. It's a long read but can be very handy especially if you are just starting out.
- Longford LGBT - Providing a safe, supportive and friendly environment for the LGBT family in and around Longford. Meetings every Wednesday.
- Outhouse - Outhouse is a community and resource centre for LGBT people, their families and friends.
- Gaire - Probably the biggest LGBT forum in Ireland at the moment.
- LGBTinC - A social organisation for LGBT in Cavan.